Summer’s here, and there’s plenty of hot days left in the year.
It’s never too late to perform that much needed maintenance on your home’s unit. Here are some of the things we’ll be looking out for, and some of the seasonal maintenance that may apply to your systems:
- Check the system controls to make sure everything starts and shuts off as it should.
- Check the thermostat functions, and make sure it’s ready to help keep you comfortable in the summer and help save energy when you’re away from home.
- Check all electrical connections and measure the voltage and current on the motor. Bad connections or a motor reaching the end of its useful life can lead to a miserable experience, especially if your system goes down during the hottest part of the summer!
- Check and lubricate moving parts.
- Inspect the condensation drain and make sure it’s working properly. A clogged drain can lead to mold and humidity issues indoors or worse, water damage to your home.
- Clean the evaporator and air conditioning coils on the cooling system. Dust, dirt and webs on the coils make your system work harder, use more energy and shorten its life span.
- Inspect, clean and adjust blower components to make sure air gets moved around the house efficiently so you stay comfortable this summer.
- Check the level of refrigerant in the A/C system and add or remove refrigerant as needed to make sure it runs at peak efficiency.
- Inspect and change the air filters if necessary. We’ll also show you how to change the filters monthly, if necessary, and give you recommendations on which filters to use.
As part of your spring cleaning, make sure your HVAC is in tip-top shape. It’s not too late! Call today for preventative maintenance on your homes air conditioning system.